Another Announcement: Carnival of Children’s Literature

February 3, 2006 @ 2:54 am | Filed under:

UPDATE: The Carnival is up! Click here to enter.

I don’t know about you, but I’m finding that the Carnivals of Education, Homeschooling, and Unschooling are highlights of my week. So much food for thought, and such fun to encounter new blogs and new ideas. It is my great pleasure, therefore, to announce that Here in the Bonny Glen will be hosting a Carnival of Children’s Literature on Monday, February 13th. Any post related to children’s books is a candidate for inclusion: book reviews, interviews, stories about reading to your kids, literary adventures in and out of the classroom, you name it. Authors and illustrators, we’d love to hear from you, too!

Not sure what a blog carnival is? I’ll let Henry explain.

To submit a post to the Carnival of Children’s Literature, send an email to melissawiley@earthlink.net by 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 11th. Include the following information:

• Name of your blog
• URL of your blog
• Title of your post
• URL of your post
• Brief summary of the post (if you wish)

Spread the word!

The Carnival of Children’s Literature can also be found at The Truth Laid Bear’s ÜberCarnival.

Our Week in Books, October 10 Edition
    Everything to Learn
    Wrapping Up This Book Sale
    Monday Morning Reading
    Sometimes These Things Just Write Themselves

Comments

The LLama Butchers says:

Carnival announcement

Uber-neighbor Melissa is announcing the formation of the Carnival of Children’s Literature. Go to it, folks! (And no, that doesn’t include the large font, pencil drawn picture versions of The Road to Serfdom; although in college I did have a…

Jen Robinson says:

This sounds very cool! Thanks for organizing it. I look forward to seeing the results on February 13th.

Jen Robinson's Book Page says:

Upcoming Carnival of Children’s Literature

Melissa Wiley, over at the Here in the Bonny Glen blog (and a fellow Typepad user), is hosting a Carnival of Children’s Literature for February 13th. The idea behind blog carnivals is that someone puts together a variety of related

PalmTree Pundit says:

Another Carnival

Melissa Wiley at Here in the Bonny Glen is getting a Carnival of Children’s Literature going. Sounds like a great idea! …

Michele Fry says:

I’ve not come across Blog Carnivals before. Are Bloggers limited to one entry from their Blog per carnival ?

Susan says:

hey, Melissa. This sounds like a really fun idea.

I am new to blog carnivals, too. Does the carnival putter-togetherer include every post that is submitted, or does he or she choose which ones will be included?

Bartography says:

And one link more

Here in the Bonny Glen is going to host a Carnival of Children’s Literature on Monday, February 13th.

I think it depends on how many submissions come in. If we get swamped, I’ll save some for next time around. For now, keep ’em coming! 🙂

Michelle asked: “Are Bloggers limited to one entry from their Blog per carnival ?”

Usually, but since many of the entries for this carnival are book reviews, I might include more than one per submitter. And extra posts can be included in a future carnival.

Thanks for your interest!

Bethany says:

I think this is an excellent idea. Thank you for putting it together!

DeputyHeadmistress says:

Wah- I meant to do this and I forgot. I will be looking forward to reading it, though! Thanks for doing this!

The Median Sib says:

The Carnival of Education – Week 53 – Go & Read

. . . . A new carnival just starting is the Carnival of Children’s Literature. It will be hosted at Here in the Bonny Glen. I know some wonderful teachers drop by to read my blog. So consider clicking over to get information and then submitting a po…

poetry says:

Troubling the Glass

At dawn a west wind troubles the still waters of an inland lake

Awakening the deep.

Splashes of light like silent shouts glare
    across the water. They started in a straight forward
    way to cross the lake in the gathering dark
    but the wind rippled water broke up the
    attack and smeared out the forces of light
    into a undulating wedge.

Muddying the greens.

And always a mashed potato sky.

With some people it’s the birds and the bees

but with you it’s all buzzards and cane toads.