April 16, 2007 @ 5:32 pm | Filed under: Bloggity
I’m tickled that Lilting House was voted this year’s "Best Unschooling or Eclectic Homeschooling Blog" in the Homeschool Blog Awards. The superb blogger Theresa of Lapaz Farm Home Learning ran me a close race, and I want to extend hearty congratulations to her and to all my fellow nominees. I have really enjoyed exploring your blogs. Some of you have been on my Bloglines list for a long time, and others were new to me during this competition. I want to make sure all my readers get a chance to visit these fabulous blogs! Here’s the whole pool of nominees:
- Lapaz Farm Home Learning (Theresa’s nature posts are top-notch)
- Christian Homeschool Academy
- Doc’s Sunrise Rants (Doc always gives me something to think about)
- Jeneric Jeneralities
- Soule Mama (Beautiful! Inspiring and lovely—I visit whenever I need a boost of beauty to refresh me.)
- Seeking Rest in the Ancient Paths
- Real Learning (Elizabeth Foss, winner of this year’s Best Homeschooling Mom Blog award!)
- Relaxed Homeskool (One of the first blogs I read on a regular basis, and still a favorite place to visit.)
- Cake For Breakfast
- the brew*crew adventure
- Living Without School (Leonie is one of my favorite people on the internet. Always smart, thoughtful, original, and uplifting. Great woman, great blog.)
- The Joyful Mom
- Homeschooling is Life!
- Lilliput Station
- at home, on fire
- Throwing Marshmallows (Stephanie’s posts impressed me for years on a Virginia homeschooling list, and I was thrilled when she began her own blog. Always something good to chew on there.)
- Learning as we go…
- Northside Unschoolers of Chicago
Congratulations to all of you, and thanks for all you bring to the home-educating community. We are all richer for your efforts.
I think it would be great if next year there is a distinct category for unschooling. The perspective of full-fledged unschoolers is unique and valuable, and I would very much like to see you folks spotlighted.
Related: do me a quick favor?
BlogHer in Spirit: Building Traffic
How do you manage to read so many blogs?