I’m tickled that Lilting House was voted this year’s "Best Unschooling or Eclectic Homeschooling Blog" in the Homeschool Blog Awards. The superb blogger Theresa of Lapaz Farm Home Learning ran me a close race, and I want to extend hearty congratulations to her and to all my fellow nominees. I have really enjoyed exploring your blogs. Some of you have been on my Bloglines list for a long time, and others were new to me during this competition. I want to make sure all my readers get a chance to visit these fabulous blogs! Here’s the whole pool of nominees:
- Lapaz Farm Home Learning (Theresa’s nature posts are top-notch)
- Christian Homeschool Academy
- Doc’s Sunrise Rants (Doc always gives me something to think about)
- Jeneric Jeneralities
- Soule Mama (Beautiful! Inspiring and lovely—I visit whenever I need a boost of beauty to refresh me.)
- Seeking Rest in the Ancient Paths
- Real Learning (Elizabeth Foss, winner of this year’s Best Homeschooling Mom Blog award!)
- Relaxed Homeskool (One of the first blogs I read on a regular basis, and still a favorite place to visit.)
- Cake For Breakfast
- the brew*crew adventure
- Living Without School (Leonie is one of my favorite people on the internet. Always smart, thoughtful, original, and uplifting. Great woman, great blog.)
- The Joyful Mom
- Homeschooling is Life!
- Lilliput Station
- at home, on fire
- Throwing Marshmallows (Stephanie’s posts impressed me for years on a Virginia homeschooling list, and I was thrilled when she began her own blog. Always something good to chew on there.)
- Learning as we go…
- Northside Unschoolers of Chicago
Congratulations to all of you, and thanks for all you bring to the home-educating community. We are all richer for your efforts.
I think it would be great if next year there is a distinct category for unschooling. The perspective of full-fledged unschoolers is unique and valuable, and I would very much like to see you folks spotlighted.
And the Winner Is…
OK, how about THIS one?
Hello, Lilting House Readers
This Just Made My Day