The Down Side of Invulnerability

December 2, 2007 @ 8:00 pm | Filed under:

Overheard, Rose to Jane: "You know why I wouldn’t want to be Supergirl? She can never get her ears pierced!"

(Later, they decided that exposure to Red Kryptonite, just long enough for a needle to pierce the earlobe, would solve the problem—in its presence, Supergirl loses her invulnerability. Such are the weighty topics we discuss over Sunday dinner.)

A Joke Only an 8-Months-Pregnant Friend Could Make
    How my daughters are furthering my education via Minecraft
  • I Can't Keep Up
    I Can’t Keep Up
    It Must Be the Colorful Hats
    A Tale Soon Told

Comments

Love2learn Mom says:

That is fabulous!

Theresa says:

Too funny!!

Alice Gunther says:

RoFL–Owl and I are laughing!

Jane says:

I was going back through your archives, (as I LOVE to do), when I found this post. I thought I had already explained this, but apperently* not. Red Kryptonite was Green Kryptonite that passed through a cosmic cloud just after Krypton exploded. Each chunk has a different effect on Superman, Supergirl, Streaky**, and Krypto**. However, one chunk will affect all four in the same way. So, Rose meant that if you found a chunk that removed the invulnerability from one of them, Supergirl could use it on herself, and pierce her ears. Once one of them (Supergirl, for example) has been exposed to Red Kryptonite, that particular chunk will never affect that one again.

* Did I spell that right?

** Streaky and Krypto are Supergirl and Superman’s pets, respectively.

Thanks for elaborating, sweetheart. Very cool stuff.

Oh, and since you asked: nope, it’s apparently. 🙂

Jane says:

I KNEW that didn’t look right! Apparently, apparently. What is it with my spelling these days?

I love getting to talk about comic book stuff on here.

Jane