What a Week They’re Having

July 2, 2008 @ 6:29 am | Filed under:

So far:

A trip to the pool with their beloved cousin.

Kitty cats to cuddle.

Grandma’s home cooking—believe me, there is nothing better in this world.

Three days in the mountains!

The Continental Divide.

Wildflowers.

Alpine sliding.

Horseback riding.

Roller skating.

Stepping in snow for the first time since leaving Virginia.

Making crafts at the YMCA camp.

Tour of alpaca farm. Baby llamas up close. Wool to take home.

More crafting!

A trip to a lake? The phone was cutting out at this point so I’m fuzzy on the details.

And from the sound of it, numerous gift shop excursions. “I got a hat, and a tiny horse with bridle, and…”

Are these children ever going to want to come home? 🙂

Giving Thanks
    Saturday Hodgepodge
    Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig
    I Had Seventeen Things to Post About
    january 2: small celebrations

Comments

How fun!! Which YMCA camp did they go to? We are headed up to Snow Mountain Ranch for a week in August and I CAN’T WAIT!!
    Jennifer

Steph says:

What a wonderful week! You’re creating a lot of memories.

You’re creating a lot of memories.

Oh, not I! My wonderful parents. 🙂

The sort of memories *I’m* creating this week are the kind that involve shouting a frantic warning to the UPS man as I realize he is about to step in a pellet of poop my potty-trainer seems to have deposited on the front stoop. Misty watercolored memory, ain’t it?

patience says:

I wish I was there!

Is this their first time away from home?

Amy C. says:

Melissa Wiley says: Misty watercolored memory, ain’t it?

Tee hee. My own potty-trainer wore herself out this morning running from bathroom to playroom several dozen times. The grueling race ended with her falling asleep on the potty, leaning forward with her head in my lap. Alas, my camera conked out.

Karen Edmisten says:

Not only will they not want to come home, but I want to go where they are. 🙂

Beck says:

Aw, they’re having fun. I always secretly want my kids to miss me when they’re gone, although they’re always rather offensively cheerful about being away.

kathleenmiller says:

Melissa,

May you and your family have a Blessed Fourth of July and weekend.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!

Penny in VT says:

Wow! Don’t you just love when kids and grandparents connect in such meaningful and memory making ways? They will never forget this – AND they will pass if forward to their own children one day – when YOU are the grandma sponsoring the adventures! What fun!!!

Hope you’re feeling well 🙂

Activities Coordinator says:

I took three kids to the laundro-mat because my washer died.

You want adventure, stick with us.:)

List Mama says:

I hope that someday my parents and my children will have an opportunity for such lovely experiences (of course I won’t lie about the fact that I am yearning for a week of me time). We just visited my parents for 10 days in Kansas. I will admit that I am glad to be back at home in Maine.

Jen