August 24, 2008 @ 6:15 am | Filed under: Links
(New del.icio.us links appear in my sidebar daily, but I thought I’d round up the past week’s worth here in one post.)
- Children’s knitting group turfed from library under new craft ban – Sounds like Mary Gildersleeve’s book, Great Yarns for the Close-Knit Family, would be just the thing to solve the problem!
- Protect Our Kids from Preschool – WSJ.com – “Why don’t preschool gains stick? Possibly because the K-12 system is too dysfunctional to maintain them. More likely, because early education in general is not so crucial to the long-term intellectual growth of children. Finland offers strong evidence for this view. Its kids consistently outperform their global peers in reading, math and science on international assessments even though they don’t begin formal education until they are 7.”
- 6-Year-Old Stares Down Bottomless Abyss Of Formal Schooling | The Onion – America’s Finest News Source
- Don’t Get Too Comfortable, California « Just Enough, and Nothing More – Yup, I’ve been saying pretty much the same thing ever since the ruling came out.
- Tallest Skyscraper Photos Defy Belief: Tallest Skyscraper in the World Almost Completed, Defies Belief
- RPO — A Time-Line of Poetry in English – HT: Ambleside Online
- StudentNewsDaily.com – Make sense of current events! – Current events site for kids. HT Lindafay at Higher Up and Further In. Jane has been really enjoying reading the articles here and her visits to the site have sparked some great discussions.
- About That ADHD Serving a Purpose Thing – Throwing Marshmallows – Journal – Michael Phelps, ADHD, Homeschooling. HT: Chris O’Donnell.
Links for January 7, 2009
del.icio.us links for 2008-01-20
I’ve been making Primer jokes about the iPad ever since it appeared, but this beats all.
Oh, and I forgot—
5 Reponses | Comments Feed