I keep forgetting that I changed my Delicious auto link-posting to “save as draft.” The links have been piling up—whoops. Of course, they appear in my sidebar the moment I tag them, so you’ve probably seen them already. I fold them into a post for the feed-readers among you.
- Think! – Weekly challenges for kids—this is fun stuff, building boats out of foil and straws, etc. Very grateful hat tip to Theresa of Lapaz Farm.
- Bacon’s Rebellion: The Home School Revolution – A happy private-school parent gets a look at what homeschooling (a misnomer, as he points out) is really about. Great piece.
- fussypants: BPA, Dangerous Plastics, Boys Adrift, and Scarey Headlines
- Pakistan orders troops to open fire if US raids – washingtonpost.com
- Apple of His Eye: 1964 | Shorpy :: History in HD – A photo blog that archives very old photos. Some incredible history here.
- Flickr: Discussing Stump Ketzel – and the rest of us – with mystery plant and flower photos! in Ketzel Levine’s Talking Plants: An NPR Flickr Group – A site for posting pictures of plants you can’t identify. Other people will chime in with their answers. Great for those of us doing Sarah Sours’s 100 Species Challenge! HT: Monica at Small Things.
- The Minimalist – It’s Soup – Vegetables, Herbs, Water – NYTimes.com
- EzraKlein Archive | The American Prospect – Use water instead of canned broth?
- Petal Pusher: Hey Slacker Nannies; The Nanny Narc is Watching You!
- Important work can be done while daydreaming – The Boston Globe – What Anne of Green Gables knew all along.
- Poetry Foundation: The online home of the Poetry Foundation – “Home Appreciation:
Homeschoolers are turning a million kids on to poetry—through fun, not homework. Here’s how you can do it too.”
Oh, and I forgot—
Links and Drinks
Delicious Links for May 3, 2010
Links for a Saturday