I keep forgetting that I changed my Delicious auto link-posting to “save as draft.” The links have been piling up—whoops. Of course, they appear in my sidebar the moment I tag them, so you’ve probably seen them already. I fold them into a post for the feed-readers among you.
- Think! – Weekly challenges for kids—this is fun stuff, building boats out of foil and straws, etc. Very grateful hat tip to Theresa of Lapaz Farm.
- Bacon’s Rebellion: The Home School Revolution – A happy private-school parent gets a look at what homeschooling (a misnomer, as he points out) is really about. Great piece.
- fussypants: BPA, Dangerous Plastics, Boys Adrift, and Scarey Headlines
- Pakistan orders troops to open fire if US raids – washingtonpost.com
- Apple of His Eye: 1964 | Shorpy :: History in HD – A photo blog that archives very old photos. Some incredible history here.
- Flickr: Discussing Stump Ketzel – and the rest of us – with mystery plant and flower photos! in Ketzel Levine’s Talking Plants: An NPR Flickr Group – A site for posting pictures of plants you can’t identify. Other people will chime in with their answers. Great for those of us doing Sarah Sours’s 100 Species Challenge! HT: Monica at Small Things.
- The Minimalist – It’s Soup – Vegetables, Herbs, Water – NYTimes.com
- EzraKlein Archive | The American Prospect – Use water instead of canned broth?
- Petal Pusher: Hey Slacker Nannies; The Nanny Narc is Watching You!
- Important work can be done while daydreaming – The Boston Globe – What Anne of Green Gables knew all along.
- Poetry Foundation: The online home of the Poetry Foundation – “Home Appreciation:
Homeschoolers are turning a million kids on to poetry—through fun, not homework. Here’s how you can do it too.”
Links for June 23, 2008
Girl Detective’s Summer Reading Project Has Begun
This is your brain on the Internet.
Links for March 25, 2008