Best Gifts for Homeschoolers Master List

December 11, 2009 @ 11:32 am | Filed under: , ,

Reprinting this post from a couple of years ago.

Here’s another topic I’ve written many posts on, both here and at Lilting House.

Books We Love, Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four

Signing Time DVDs
More about Signing Time
Yet more about Signing Time

Showcase Presents comic book collections

Settlers of Catan, Wedgits

Books on drawing

Art prints

Family memberships to zoos, museums, etc.

Each of the above links is a longer post on the subject.

Note: these are old posts and may contain Amazon Affiliate links.

day five: our 2016 booklists
    Kind of a Boring Post, This
    Games & Fun Stuff Master List
    Great Quote
  • A Child's Garden of Verses
    hist whist

Comments

Mamalion says:

The gnome pattern is back! I went looking for it last year, and couldn’t find it, but this year, she’s listed it on Ravelry and giving it away free on her blog.

Rachael says:

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful book lists. My daughters and I have read so many new books courtesy of your recommendations. The best is yet to come when my daughters (13, 11 and 9) discover on Christmas day that the Betsy and Tacy books that they’ve longed to read are back! A wonderful secret that I also discovered on this site!

Rachael in Australia (I’m also a homeschooling mother to 6….and have 4 girls and 2 boys….almost the same ages as your children….also married to a Scott!!)

Mamalion says:

Oh, that’s funny! I’m also homeschooling 6, although I think mine are a little older- 7 to 18, and married to Scott also!

SuzanneG says:

That’s so funny, Lissa….I came here about a week ago, looking for your “Fun Things to Buy Instead of Curriculum” post from awhile ago:

….and I came across this post too, and ended up clicking on some of the links from this “Gifts-Master List” post.

DnSmum says:

Found the links quite helpful…though if it were being used by a grandparent or family friend the most obvious gift has been overlooked…

A gift certificate to any bookstore! 🙂 My kids ( 5 and 8) spend hours pouring over the possibilities when presented with the chance to select their own!! Wishlists are always long, but plucking the perfect title with their own money is a gift in itself!

Another hit in our home this year is the new Little Traveler’s dvd on Iraq. http://www.thelittletravelers.com/dvd.htm

DnSmum says:

A gift certificate to any bookstore! 🙂 My kids ( 5 and 8 ) spend hours pouring over the possibilities when presented with the chance to select their own!! Wishlists are always long, but plucking the perfect title with their own money is a gift in itself!

Cherie W says:

Are you no longer affiliated with Amazon? And if not, why?