The trouble with being a contrarian is that the second you make a statement like ‘have realized making TBR lists brings out the contrarian in me & spells doom for books on the list, therefore no more TBR lists shall I make,’ the contrarian rears up and says Who are YOU to tell ME not to make lists??? I’m making a list right this second and you can’t stop me. Hahaha. Bullet point! Bullet point! Bullet point!
Which is another way of saying: I looked at my shelf and realized there were a whole bunch more books I started last year, read and enjoyed several chapters, and set aside temporarily only because there were so many other books clamoring for attention. So here is a list of books I began in 2009 and mean to finish, possibly quite soon, certainly someday.
Edited to add: I’m going to cross off books as I read them. Because the only thing more fun than making lists is crossing off things on lists.
• Great Books by David Denby
• Of a Feather: A Brief History of American Birding by Scott Wiedensaul
• Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
• The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
• Asterios Polyp by David Mazzucchelli (goes to top of pile because it’s borrowed) liked it!
• The Body of This by Andrew McNabb
• I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
• Graceling by Kristin Cashore (and sequel)
• Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko (and sequel)
• Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
• The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
• Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
• Eastern Standard Tribe by Cory Doctorow
• Hard Times by Charles Dickens (have been reading this slowly on the iPod, will finish eventually I am sure)
What We’ll Be Reading Tomorrow…
Pin the Tail on the Donkey, Only With Books (and No Pinning)
It’s Not My Turn to Look for Grandma
Now Comes the Fun Part
Martha and Charlotte Books Available