I was going to write a post about books tonight, honest.

May 2, 2010 @ 8:19 pm | Filed under:

But instead I got caught up in one.

The Perilous Gard, by Elizabeth Marie Pope, author of The Sherwood Ring, which you know I loved. Jane checked Perilous Gard out of the library after we both devoured Sherwood, and before she had finished reading it she had declared it to be a keeper. So now we have a copy, and she urged me to put it at the top of my pile, and I wasn’t three chapters in before I understood why. But I can’t tell you anything about it right now: must. go. finish.

I did finally make up my mind.
    Books Read in March
    Mark and Huck
    Books We Love, Part Four
    Introducing Reading Trails

Comments

Maureen E says:

I love that book so much! I love Christopher, I love Kate, I love the interweaving of historical and fantasy. It’s….Okay, I just love it forever and ever.

Sara says:

Got it from the library last week—I guess I’ll read it today because it looks like several of us are going to be down and out. Ick

Leslie says:

Thanks for the rave. My eldest daughter just finished it and offered a cool review. Im going to read it next! I just know Im going to be asked to leave book club because I never read the assigned books. I manage to fill all my reading time with YA’s or JF’s!!

Hypatia says:

Isn’t it *fantastic*?

Fantastic indeed. Loved it. Boy, can Pope tell a story or what?

jkubenka says:

I’ve owned this book in one incarnation or the other since I was about 14 and discovered it at my local library. I read and re-read it until it falls apart, and then I buy a new copy. My daughter is not quite ready for it, but she will be, soon. 🙂

Melody says:

Someone should make a movie out of it — a good one. Then again, books-turned-into-movies are usually such dismal disappointments…