9:43pm Pacific Time

December 26, 2010 @ 9:59 pm | Filed under:

CYBILs work: finished.

Now what on earth do I read next?

Heaven to Betsy
    Current Read-Alouds
    Round Buildings, Square Buildings, Buildings That Wiggle Like a Fish
    Housekeeping vs. Sludge
  • “...though ’twere to buy a world of happy days...”
    “…though ’twere to buy a world of happy days…”

Comments

Penny says:

Just look at your TBR pile, and get crackin’ ma’am.

lol. Just make sure you keep us posted about it ok? Thanks!

MelanieB says:

Connie Willis!

kelly says:

9:43 pacific sounds so much more pleasant than 11:43 central 😉

And 12:43 Eastern: ouch! This was one of those times when living on the West Coast is hugely to my advantage. (Countering all those mornings when East Coast friends forget the time difference and call me at 6:30am.) 😉

@Melanie: I am soooo looking forward to a nice fat Willis binge. Will have to go on a library raid first, though. I didn’t dare put any of her books on reserve until after our CYBILs deadline, for fear they’d come in before I was free to read. That happened with Franzen’s Freedom—I’d been a hundred-deep on the hold list and suddenly it was here. And non-renewable, of course. I actually snuck it into my pile and got it read before it had to go back. Not so with something else I’d had on reserve forever—and now I don’t even remember which book that was, dadgummit.

@Penny, I am thinking of declaring TBR-list amnesty for myself and starting afresh! What do you think?

Meanwhile, after I posted this last night I remembered that Scott, aka The Best Husband Ever, gave me two new Fred Chappell books for Christmas. All smiles here…

MelanieB says:

Oh I knew you’d probably have to wait for a library trip. I just had that problem where 6 of my on holds all came available right before Christmas. Fortunately most of them are proving pretty quick reads. I am so behind in book blogging, though. I really want to at least write up quick notes on what I’ve read the last couple of months, though.

New books for Christmas are the best. I’m having to add mine to my TBR pile, though. Got to get to those library books first.

Penny says:

Amnesty is always good. A fresh start and all that. Rock on.

(and I may do the same for myself, in fact, it’s such a good idea:))

Maureen says:

Thank you for all your hard work on the Cybils, Melissa! Relax and if you must do that via the printed word, pick up the funnest-looking thing on your TBR pile!

I sort of like the idea of TBR-list amnesty, until I actually LOOK at my TBR list and go, “Oh, but I want to read that! And I really want to read that! And that! And–” See, this is how I’m barely reading books I put on it in 2009.