Things that caught my eye this week:
• Roger Sutton of The Horn Book on Disney’s new Christopher Robin. Sigh.
• Big A little a on the current mania for penguins.
• Chicken Spaghetti on the new children’s illustrator postage stamps—starting in January you can stamp your letters with The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Maisy, Curious George, Wilbur the pig, Frederick the Mouse, and a Wild Thing or two. Fun! And knowing my timing, I can use them for my Christmas cards. My 2002 Christmas cards, that is. I’m pretty sure that’s how far behind I am.
• NYT article, Reading Kids’ Books Without the Kids
• Carlotta on Home Educating Boys
• And this month’s Wild Monthly!
I’m Game for a Game
Quite a Thrill
Cottage (Garden) Industry?
Humility and Smarts