Like Kelly at Big A little a, I went with my childhood favorites. The Betsy-Tacy books would make the list of lifetime favorite series, but I didn’t discover them until I was an adult.
What are your three favorite children’s series?
1. The Anne of Green Gables books by L. M. Montgomery.
2. The Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. (Surely this comes as a surprise to no one.)
3. The The Chronicles of Narnia books by C. S. Lewis.
What are your three favorite non-series children’s books?
1. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I still reread it every spring.
2. Little Men by Louisa May Alcott. (Hard to decide whether to put this under ‘series’ or not.) I loved Little Women but Little Men enchanted me even more; I used to write stories in which I went to school at Plumfield.
3. Little Witch by Anna E. Bennett.
What are your three favorite children’s book characters?
1. Anne Shirley, absolutely. Oh how I wanted to be Anne!
“If it were a quite alive garden, how wonderful it would be…”
“Some books absolutely beg to be read aloud”
Reading notes: Monday and Tuesday
‘You don’t put your life into books. You find it there.’
Picture Book Spotlight: Are You a Butterfly?