- California Homeschooling History in the Making « Just Enough, and Nothing More – Another thorough and positive update on Monday’s hearing. She’s right: for now it’s business as usual, and we just wait and see.
- The School Law Blog: Home Schooling Case Reheard by California Court – This post at Education Week has links to several of the amicus briefs filed in the case. I’m working my way through them. The governor’s brief was interesting: makes a clearly articulated case for allowing the current interpretation of state education code to stand.
- CA Homeschooling Court Case – Detailed account of Monday’s hearing at the website of Sunland Christian School, the ISP involved in the case.
- In defense of home schooling – Los Angeles Times – “All of you recognize the issues before us are monumental,” said Presiding Justice Joan Dempsey Klein in wrapping up the proceedings. “We’re as frustrated as you are.”
- Adding another link: excellent commentary from Dana of Principled Discovery.
Posts Tagged ‘California’
March 19, 2008 @ 12:00 pm | Filed under: Links
- Budget Cuts May Lead to Closure of 48 California State Parks – "For the first time in history, the California legislature has convened an emergency budget session. Concerned citizens from across the state are asking their legislators to take parks off the negotiating table. States facing similar budget decisions invo