December 22, 2008 @ 8:04 am | Filed under: Links
These have been in my sidebar widget for a while, but I forgot to roll them into a post for the benefit of my feed-reading readers until I referred to the Amazon.uk thing last night and Scott didn’t know what I meant. Here you go, babe!
- Jen Robinson’s Book Page: December Carnival of Children’s Literature: 3rd Blogiversary Edition –
- Leaving Literature Behind – ChronicleReview.com – “Nowadays we teach literature as if we were giving a tour of a grocery store to Martians who’ve just touched down on Earth. We professional storekeepers explain the vegetable section, the dairy section, the meat section, note similarities and differences among our wares, variations of texture and color, the fact that there’s no milk where the applesauce is, and perhaps the fact (which we bemoan) that there are no papayas. We’re teaching the store, not what’s in it.” HT: Mental Multivitamin.
- Revealed: Amazon staff punished for being ill – Times Online – Oh Amazon.uk, say it isn’t so.
- Last days of an NYC library – Boing Boing – Pictures of the closing of the Donnell Branch. I loved that branch when I lived in NYC. Very sad.
- Grosgrain: Monogrammed Handmade Handkerchief How To –
- Candle Tutorial: Candle Tutorial – Too, too, too cool. And simple. Love this. HT: Crafty Crow.
Elsewhere on the Web
This and That, and a Poem by Rose
North American camels? Who knew?
Links for July 9, 2008
“So much depends upon…”
One Reponse | Comments Feed