How to get a signed copy of The Nerviest Girl in the World
Annie Bloom’s Books, a wonderful Portland bookstore, has kindly offered a way for customers to order personally inscribed copies of The Nerviest Girl in the World. If this is something you’re interested in, you can place an order at Annie Bloom’s website and the shop will let me know. The following weekend, I’ll head across the river to sign the book and then the Annie Bloom’s Books folks will ship it directly to you. (Sundays are usually the best day for me to make a drive to the west side of town, so you’ll want to factor that into your timeline.)
On the book’s order page, you’ll see a note asking customers to include any personalization requests in the comments field at checkout.
Now’s a great time to get the ball in motion if you’d like to give the book as a holiday gift! I’m beyond thrilled to see how much fun kids are having with it—making hot-air balloon bookmarks, starting a Gordy fan club (!), and even shooting their very own silent films. I’m continually blown away by my young readers’ inventiveness. Check out my Instagram highlights for a passel of pics (and immense thanks to all the parents and teachers who have been sharing them).
Nerviest Girl on the web:
• Loads of resources & activities to pair with the book in this guest post at Random House Teachers & Librarians
• Brave Writer Arrow selection literature guide (includes Party School ideas for book clubs)
• California teacher Julie DenOuden of Girl on the Move wrote a Southern California Travel Adventure inspired by the book
• Podcast interview at Everyday Motherhood
• Interview with authors Anne Nesbet and Chris Barton at Bartography