Children’s Book Meme
A whole year of blogging, and this is my first meme! Saw it at Semicolon, Big A little A and Mental Multivitamin yesterday.
Like Kelly at Big A little a, I went with my childhood favorites. The Betsy-Tacy books would make the list of lifetime favorite series, but I didn’t discover them until I was an adult.
What are your three favorite children’s series?
1. The Anne of Green Gables books by L. M. Montgomery.
2. The Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. (Surely this comes as a surprise to no one.)
3. The The Chronicles of Narnia books by C. S. Lewis.
What are your three favorite non-series children’s books?
1. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I still reread it every spring.
2. Little Men by Louisa May Alcott. (Hard to decide whether to put this under ‘series’ or not.) I loved Little Women but Little Men enchanted me even more; I used to write stories in which I went to school at Plumfield.
3. Little Witch by Anna E. Bennett.
What are your three favorite children’s book characters?
1. Anne Shirley, absolutely. Oh how I wanted to be Anne!
Ohhhh….I love Anne Shirley. But I liked Emily Starr of Emily of New Moon even better!
We had several in common. I also did this meme yesterday…got it from Semicolon.
On February 10, 2006 at 3:11 pm
Love2learn Mom says:
I too read Little House and Narnia over and over as a child, but didn’t get to Anne until college (I bought myself the set when I was a sophomore – I largely credit the movies). Little Women and a Little Princess were the others I couldn’t get enough of, but I didn’t read the Secret Garden until I was an adult.
On February 11, 2006 at 11:09 am
Oh my goodness, you know about Little Witch too?????? When I found the book on Amazon, it was fun to read the comments and know I was not alone in my appreciation for that book! It has been such a bonus to find kindred spirits through children’s books blogs!
On February 12, 2006 at 2:03 pm