The Very Best Thing about Having a Blog

November 26, 2007 @ 8:31 pm | Filed under:

Is getting to go back and re-read the funny stories you would never have remembered otherwise. Like this one:

So I’m on the phone with Alice, and I hear one of her daughters say something in the background.

Alice says to me, in all seriousness, "Can you hold on a second, Lissa? I just need to teach the girls to decoupage."

A Quick Thought re Comments
    In case you read via feed reader
    Adventure of English, take two!
    The Moms Who Blog Blog
    Trouble Loading This Site?

Comments

Diane says:

LOL! Again. Only Alice. Our dear, dear Alice. The mother every woman wants to be when she grows up.

Michele Q. says:

LOL!! I SO remember when you posted that too.

Alice is amazing – but then again Lissa so are you! Must be why you’re such good friends. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Amy says:

LOL, I remember that one too. Here it would have gone more like, “Hold on Lissa, I’ve got to get Meg to release the death grip on Jo’s neck.” ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’d like to think they’d be fighting over craft materials, at least. ๐Ÿ™‚

God bless you Alice and Lissa! ๐Ÿ™‚

Alice Gunther says:

ROFL!!!

Meredith says:

I nearly spat out my coffee re-reading this one! I can SO totally hear her saying it too ๐Ÿ™‚ So funny!

Mary Ellen Barrett says:

It is so Alice. I bet she taught them and they did it beautifully all while talking on the phone and writing a beautiful blog post.

Jane Ramsey says:

Smiling here…not only at the wonder that is Alice :-), but at my own craft-illiteracy (having to google “decoupage”).

Theresa says:

Last night I read all of your old “funny stuff” posts. I was laughing out loud and getting wierd looks from my husband. Kids are great.

You told Beanie you’d “look it up” in one of the posts. We already use the dictionary for words we don’t know and just recently started using Wikipedia to find info. I will be starting to homeschool my kids (5 and 8 years old) in January and would love to have a list of
    “look it up” spots that you use for different things.

Thanks for all of the good reading! Theresa from Puerto Rico