September 1, 2008 @ 7:40 am | Filed under: Links
- Hurricane Gustav Twitter Updates – I found Twitter so useful for keeping up to date on the SoCal wildfires last year. Now even more people are on board, so the Gustav tracking is comprehensive.
- Portal to mythical Mayan underworld found in Mexico | Science | Reuters
- SignOnSanDiego.com > Bad airline stories are nothing like this
- EzraKlein Archive | “Uninvited”
- Remember ‘go outside and play?’ – Los Angeles Times – “Increasingly, American children are in a lose-lose situation. They’re forced, prematurely, to do all the un-fun kinds of things adults do (Be over-scheduled! Have no downtime! Study! Work!).” Well, not ALL American kids, thank goodness. But I too have mourned the loss of the freedom to roam the neighborhood that my friends and I knew as children.
One Reponse | Comments Feed
So glad that you are up and feeling well again. The LA Times article is an interesting part of the whole “free range kids” revival that is sweeping some of the parenting world. I blogged about that article just last week. Ironically, I am eagerly encouraging my son to go on out and ride his bike around the neighborhood, etc, but he always asks if he should take his walkie-talkie along to keep in touch with me. LOL!
On September 1, 2008 at 8:18 am