Northward, ho!

July 3, 2017 @ 10:45 am | Filed under:

Some news now, some news later.

The now news: A week from tomorrow, we are moving to Portland, Oregon.

I just totally freaked myself out with the words “a week from tomorrow.” Jiminy crickets, this is happening fast.

Of course there is lots more to the story, and that’s the news to come later. I don’t mean to be a tease. πŸ™‚

• Calling Jane's Mother
    Calling Jane’s Mother
    Sunday Snapshot
    In Which Sarah Takes My Breath Away
    Upcycling
    Drawing Together

Comments

Penny says:

Best wishes for an uneventful move and a beautiful future in your new home!

Mama Squirrel says:

Good gracious. Seems like you just moved to California. (I know, not really.)

It’s been eleven years, can you believe it! Scott arrived here eleven years ago this month. The kids and I followed in October. It’s the longest we’ve lived anywhere since we were married! Boggles the mind.

No way. Eleven years? I can not believe it! I remember reading your travels across America to get there. Oh my god now I feel oooold.

Toni R. says:

Welcome!!! You will love it here. So many Powell’s bookstores to visit at a lovely leisurely pace.

Susanne Barrett says:

Oh, I’m so sorry that San Diego is losing you all!! I had hoped to meet you sometime, especially now that you’re working at BW, and here you are leaving. πŸ™

But Portland is beautiful and has oodles of that foreign substance called RAIN. Imagine that!! :0

You’ll be back yearly for Comic Con, though, right? πŸ˜‰

Take care–and San Diego will definitely miss you!!

Warmly,
    Susanne, 5th Generation San Diegan πŸ™‚

Penelope says:

Ah, think of the trees and flowers and waterways that await you! The Pacific Northwest seasons! πŸ™‚

Isabella says:

Oh, so excited to see what you love in Portland, OR. I moved to Bend, OR 2 yrs ago and love it. Wishing you the best of luck for your family in the moving process.

tee+d says:

I’m so glad that it’s working out. Fingers crossed for you all – it’s such a quirky and interesting place, and I think you guys will make it more so!

β™₯

Katie Kaput says:

Wow!! I wrote to a few years ago about my family considering moving to San Diego… we ended up staying in Portland. Anyway, if you want to get together when you get here, my partner Suzanne and I have seven kids (ages 20, 18, 15, 15, 12, 11, and 9)…. we are active in unschooling/homeschooling community here. πŸ™‚

-katie