Sunday Evening Post
Five things I did today:
• Cleaned my studio, top to bottom.
• Tended all my houseplants, rescuing a few I neglected during the past two months of an intense workload.
• Went for a nice walk with Scott: intermittent sunshine, crisp air, still some red leaves clinging to the trees—most branches now bare.
• Doctored Huck after he collided hard with a slide rail at the playground.
• Caught up on Kortney’s blog. Her Homeschool MFA series is a delight.
Five things I saw today:
• A new bird at the feeder—I’m 99% sure it was a Bewick’s wren. Didn’t get a picture. But Rilla saw it last week, so hopefully it will return. Cute little thing, a warm brown with a bright white eyebrow and that distinctive wren beak.
• A chubby little bulldog out for a walk with his owners. He was the funniest guy—kept giving short bursts of speed as if he were going to break into a run, but after two or three steps he had to slow back to a walk. Running, it seems, is more of an aspiration than an achievable outcome for this doggo.
• Blue ink stain on my finger: my fountain pen is leaking again.
• Scott, appearing in the doorway with a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk. I’d marry him again right this minute.
• A ten-dollar bill in the bottom of my boot—the boots I wear every day! This is a complete mystery. I moved them into the hall while I was cleaning the studio, and later I noticed the money crumpled in the bottom. Is the Boot Fairy a thing?
I think the Boot Fairy visited me once. (I lost my credit card and found it in my ski boot. It was suddenly clear why my ankle had been hurting all day!)
On November 25, 2019 at 4:52 am
What a good day (minus Huck’s accident, of course, hope he’s ok).
I love how you notice the little things with big detail. Very inspiring. I’m going to work on that.
Scott’s a keeper. As are you. The perfect pair!
On November 25, 2019 at 5:52 am
They decided instead to ship waste down to Bonny Glen Landfill, which has 10 times the capacity and would save the region a total of $25 million.
On November 30, 2019 at 10:37 pm
Teresa Lynn says:
What Penny said! I usually forget the things I saw. And, can you send the Boot Fairy down to Texas?
On December 3, 2019 at 8:17 am