- Aloo Gobi Recipe – This is the one I used for last night’s dinner. Tasty tasty tasty.
- Letters of Note: Your pal, John K. – Advice to an aspiring cartoonist.
- Scientists Figure out the Cause of Brain Farts – “A “brain fart” is a term for an inexplicably stupid error in a straightforward task made by someone with abundant skill and experience. Everyone is prone to them. Neuroscientists call these episodes “maladaptive brain activity changes.”
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.: How the States Got Their Shapes by Mark Stein – “How the States Got Their Shapes is one of the rare books that does exactly what it promises: Stein explains all of the geographic borders of all fifty US states, each in its own chapter.”
- Chasing Ray – Slow Death by Rubber Duck: The Secret Danger of Everyday Things. – “This is one scary book. Using a variety of test methods, the authors determined individual “body burdens,” or the toxic chemical load we carry.”
New Post at GeekMom
I’ve been making Primer jokes about the iPad ever since it appeared, but this beats all.
Into the Thicklebit: the Origin Story