July 2, 2011 @ 7:48 pm | Filed under: Family Adventures, Snippets
So wait, it’s July all of a sudden? I need to do some quick June notes.
* Brief trips to Phoenix (with Rose & Bean) and Pasadena (with Jane)
* A day with Kristen and my amazing goddaughter
* Shakespeare Club performance of scenes from Twelfth Night:
oh those kids made me proud!
* The Penderwicks at Point Mouette
* Lots of game time for everyone, including The Floating City and Glitch
* The Bat-Poet with Rilla and her stuffed bat, Bitty
* New session of speech therapy for Wonderboy
* Jane started a C++ class online
* Huck’s hair went curlsplosion again
* The sunflowers are forming buds
* Hollyhock bloomed AT LONG LAST (we waited three years)
* Monarch caterpillars on the milkweed
(first spotted today, so technically a July note)
2 Reponses | Comments Feed
Jane is going to rule the world, says Tech Boy.
Your summer sounds idyllic. Aren’t hollyhocks amazing!?
On July 3, 2011 at 5:28 am
Melissa Wiley says:
These hollyhocks surprised us—they turned out to be some fancy ruffly variety. The flowers look more like carnations than hollyhocks! Katherine White would not approve. 😉 But they are gorgeous!
Very happy to hear Tech Boy’s assessment—Jane really wants to learn programming and we weren’t sure where to start. Asked a friend of ours who’s a game developer and he said lots of younger programmers are coming in w/o C++ but many older things are still built on it (with it? around it? I am out of my lingo-depth here). She’s loving it so far…stayed up late the other night “building a calculator from scratch.” 🙂
On July 3, 2011 at 5:44 am