Entwined

July 8, 2011 @ 6:33 am | Filed under:

Huck and Rilla are next to me on the sofa—it’s just past dawn here, and Sesame Street is on—a tangle of limbs and hair. Grabbing each other’s faces and shouting “Eee! Oh!” at each other, for no particular reason. This is one of my favorite sights in the world: small children rolling around like puppies. In my first La Leche League group when Jane was a baby, all the moms would sit in a circle with the babies tumbled on the floor in the middle. They were like lobsters in a tank—an inelegant simile, I know, but that’s what they always made me think of, including the wanting to eat them all up.

Bonus giraffe-in-a-blue-dress photo:

• It's All a Blur
    It’s All a Blur
    Weekend notes
    my week in pictures
    Seven Weeks
    Garden elf

Comments

When did those curls sprout out of his head? My goodness, how sweet!
    Love this post.

yvonne says:

Such sweet pictures. We often end up with a tangle of puppies in our bed around dawn–the 2 yo, the 4 yo, and the 6 yo. Wonderful for me. (Not so much for my husband who usually heads downstairs because the knees and elbows tend to bump him first.)

Emily D. says:

SO CUTE!!!!! What gorgeous curls!

Penny says:

Sweet times indeed. Enjoy them πŸ™‚

(Love the giraffe, that totally happened here all the time when mine were little. sigh. I miss those dressed up pals!)

Hope all is well πŸ™‚

adie says:

Priceless.

Genevieve says:

I forgotten how well you capture the happiness in a messy family life! I’m always inspired to see the good when one is deep in the trenches!

Genevieve: messy family life is our specialty. πŸ˜‰

Penny!!! Long time no talk! Like, weeks! ::insert multiple heart icons I’m too lazy to go look up::

Penny says:

lol I’m on an internet diet πŸ™‚ email only for a few weeks, a crazy day or two of blog catch up, and now, back to email for a few weeks. It’s working for me – we’re having a great summer!

(and btw, snowflake postcards zooming your way in a few weeks πŸ™‚ Just so your deprived children who live in sunny So. Cal can see the wonders of snow… I JEST, I would *love* to live in sunny So. Cal, I am *still* so.sick.of.snow!)

Well I’m happy you are enjoying your internet-light summer, but I miss you like crazy. πŸ™‚