Rilla’s Birthday Plans

March 5, 2012 @ 3:55 pm | Filed under: , ,

The big day isn’t until April, but I was presented with her itinerary this afternoon.

1. Take a long bath.

2. Go to a store and look at beautiful clothes.

3. Play school with Rose.

4. Tea party. [This means drink tiny cups of milk-and-sugar, then lick the tiny sugar bowl.]

5. Go outside to sketch some plants with Mommy. [Melt.]

6. Go on a nature walk which is also an adventure walk. [Any walk with you is an adventure, my dear.]

7. Maybe the walk should actually be a run.

8. The cake will be the cake that Beanie had.

9. With all the little colors in it. [“Funfetti?” “YES.” (Twirls around.) “Funfetti.”]

I love that except for the cake and the window shopping, this could describe pretty much any given day around here.

• I was going to say "Sam" but that'll do just fine
    I was going to say “Sam” but that’ll do just fine
    Boy Crazy
  • Um
    Um
    Book-Banning, Beanie & Rose Style
    The Quieter the Blog, the Noisier the House, Probably

Comments

Emily says:

Adorable!
    I actually thought of your Rilla-my-rilla today when I was at work–I saw a car with RILLA as the license plate. πŸ™‚
    I might spend my 30th birthday the way Rilla’s got planned. πŸ™‚

Ellie says:

Oh that’s too much, utterly utterly adorable. πŸ™‚

Soooo wonderful. She has a heart of gold. I love her beautiful list, and I love that it describes your regular days, and I love that she aspires to heartfelt moments rather than something spectacular, and I so very much empathise which how this list surely made you feel.

monica says:

My little one who is Rillas age (and the same month!!) has plans too. SHHH, dont tell but we are considering letting it be his first Star Wars viewing. What could be a cooler, cheaper bday treat for a manly 6 yo?

Tabatha says:

Today actually IS my birthday, and it was very timely of Rilla to share such a plan. I might walk instead of run, though.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

tanita says:

Wow. I want to look at beautiful clothes, too. Window-shopping is a perfectly wonderful birthday idea. And funfetti!

Tabatha, happy birthday! Hope it was wonderful. πŸ™‚

Monica—first Star Wars viewing: PERFECT. My heart goes pitty-pat.

Kathryn says:

Love it! Someone here is already making birthday plans for June – has been since last June, in fact! A party is a must, but there is an agony of indecision over the theme. For a long time it was going to be a princess party so she could wear her princess dress, and she had even decided exactly what princessy games were to be played. Then a world of new opportunities opened up in her mind – a princess party? or a flower party? or a party at the farm? or – the current leading choice, I think – a PINK party!