March 5, 2012 @ 3:55 pm | Filed under: Family, Rilla, These People Crack Me Up
The big day isn’t until April, but I was presented with her itinerary this afternoon.
1. Take a long bath.
2. Go to a store and look at beautiful clothes.
3. Play school with Rose.
4. Tea party. [This means drink tiny cups of milk-and-sugar, then lick the tiny sugar bowl.]
5. Go outside to sketch some plants with Mommy. [Melt.]
6. Go on a nature walk which is also an adventure walk. [Any walk with you is an adventure, my dear.]
7. Maybe the walk should actually be a run.
8. The cake will be the cake that Beanie had.
9. With all the little colors in it. [“Funfetti?” “YES.” (Twirls around.) “Funfetti.”]
I love that except for the cake and the window shopping, this could describe pretty much any given day around here.
A Middle Child’s Shattered Dreams
You Don’t Say
OK, So the “Cold” Part No Longer Applies (Here in San Diego), But I AM Still Nursing a Baby, So Hush
Merriam-Webster, take note
How my daughters are furthering my education via Minecraft