Paging Eric Carle

September 17, 2012 @ 8:29 am | Filed under:

Last night I rashly agreed to help Rilla cut out some paper “decorations” for a Brambly Hedge scene she wants to create. In my head, decorations meant some flowers, maybe a ladybug or two? That is, things within my extremely limited skill set.

My daughter’s vision is somewhat bolder. Here’s the list she presented me with:

1. Berries

2. Hawks and eagles.

3. Butterflies.

4. Flowers. (I wasn’t totally delusional, at least.)

5. Bees and (to spell it like she pronounced it) wasp-es.

I’m hoping she’ll agree to do the heavy lifting—the drawing—if I promise to wield the scissors. 🙂

***

p.s. New Thicklebit today! And I don’t think I linked to last Thursday’s, either.

• She'll Probably Name It "Fluffy"
    She’ll Probably Name It “Fluffy”
    Middleman
  • Rilla's Song
    Rilla’s Song
  • Book cover: Forest Has a Song by Amy Ludwig Vanderwater
    A Fan Letter to Amy Ludwig VanDerwater
  • My six-year-old's library search queue
    My six-year-old’s library search queue

Comments

MelanieB says:

Charming. We just checked out two of the Brambly Hedge books last week. Bella spent the afternoon being a mouse in a blanket cave under the rocking chair’s footrest. I think we’re going to have to get more of the books.

tanita says:

Hilariously, I read CHOOKS and Egols…

Leslie Lang says:

I love how she makes her numbers backwards. My daughter did that too. And such an imagination, which the careful list of carefully thought-out drawings – this is how my little girl still is, at 8. Aren’t they having great childhoods!

Leslie

Oh so adorable. I am going to be calling them waspes from now on, I just know it.

Phoebe says:

Rilla wins forever.

PS: EGOLS!

Helen says:

I just love that list ! Good luck with making the decorations, it sounds a lot of fun.

kimberlee says:

Oh there’s nothing like a six year old with bold vision. And paper and crayon. (Does Rilla want a pen pal? My Kateri likes to make Brambly Hedge and Hobbit bookmarks for her coffee table etsy shop. I can just imagine their potential correspondence… )