August 18, 2006 @ 4:00 am | Filed under: Homeschooling
The Bookworm tagged me in her homeschooling meme, so here goes:
1) ONE HOMESCHOOLING BOOK YOU HAVE ENJOYED
2) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULDN’T BE WITHOUT
The Real Learning booklist.
3) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH YOU HAD NEVER BOUGHT
Right Start Math. I know it’s a great fit for some, but all that prep time! And with my kids begging to watch the Math-U-See dvds FOR FUN all the time, why did I even think I needed more math curriculum anyway? What can I say, it was an impulse conference purchase (several years ago).
4) ONE RESOURCE YOU ENJOYED LAST YEAR
Last year. Hmm. See, this is why blogs are a good thing. Let me check my archives. (Interjection from Rose: "Greek!") Aha! I’ve got it: Journey North. We joined with a group of online friends and had a ball charting photoperiods and deciphering clues to mystery locations around the world. Can’t wait to do it again next year.
5) ONE RESOURCE YOU WILL BE USING NEXT YEAR
6) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY
An audible.com subscription and then whatever device I’d need to be able to play audio books for all of us to hear, including in the car.
7) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH EXISTED
A really good weekly current events newspaper for kids.
8) ONE HOMESCHOOLING CATALOGUE YOU ENJOY READING
FUN-Books! I’ll take one of everything, please.
9) ONE HOMESCHOOLING WEBSITE YOU USE REGULARLY
10) TAG FIVE OTHER HOMESCHOOLERS
(Because I know all my Real Learning pals will get tagged by one another. Just in case, all of you consider yourselves tagged.)
Who Is This Charlotte Mason Person, Anyway?
The Long-Promised Charlotte Mason Curriculum Post
I Heart Google
Radical Unschooling, Unschooling, Tidal Homeschooling, and the Wearing of Shoes that Fit
Our Week in Books: August 30-September 5