The View from Here

January 2, 2012 @ 9:26 pm | Filed under: , ,

Dandelion boys, paperwhites in January, a perilously narrow train trestle, artists at work, The Family Under the Bridge.

Not pictured: Grieg’s “Hall of the Mountain King,” a small chunk of David Copperfield (enter Miss Betsey Trotwood), a great deal of Elephant & Piggie, a bit of Latin, that game where you stack the states, a lot of Wii Party, Gutenberg and Copernicus, and The Second Mrs. Giaconda. Have I mentioned I love high tide?

April Days
    Rabbit Trails (and Caterpillar and Crocodile)
    Second shelf from the top
    Amazing how many things I love are crammed into this one blurry photo.
    Notes on June 2010 (First Half)

Comments

Ellie says:

Love the paperwhites, the bookshelves, the sweet blond boys, the trestle, the shoes :-p

The paperwhites: my neighbor’s.

The trestle: a tape measure.

The shoes: Naturalizer, and worn half to death. 🙂

And, I might add, the stack of CDs: not allowed on the piano. And yet. 😉

Ellie says:

The tape measure! I was wondering!

A rare free hour: Eli are setting in to watch the first episode of Downton Abbey! (no, we’ve never yet **squee**)

{{hugs}}

Ellie says:

(Eli and I, I should say!)

Fanny Harville says:

Love *The Family Under the Bridge*!

tanita says:

Oh, dandelion boys. ::sigh::
    We just got power back – storms are hitting the UK hard and they’re forecasting snow, after Category 11 winds and flooding and rain. So, I will hold onto the dream of paperwhites, and the words “someday, again,” and “soon.”

Jeanne says:

We have high tidings here as well, nicely corresponding with the New Year, I think. The boy can’t get enough math done to suit himself, which is a nice relief after all that trust and immersion in “math literacy” I’ve depended upon. Which may actually have worked, we now see. Also enjoying Christopher Paolini’s fourth in the Inheritance series, Chains to go with American history study, and every Avi book we can lay hands on – between Johnny Tremain, Witch of Blackbird Pond, on and on. A different list than yours, indeed, but high tide nonetheless! We’re getting snow flurries here north of Charlottesville, not dandelions though.

Penny says: