Snowing Here, Flaming There
I’ve been doing all my wildfire-blogging over at Lilting House. Somehow I felt too tender about the Robert’s Snow post to pile a bunch of fire gloom on top of it.
Be sure to visit the other snowflake posts for some beautiful artwork and fun illustrator interviews. Here are links to yesterday and today’s posts:
Tuesday, October 23
- Carin Berger at Chasing Ray
- Marion Eldridge at Chicken Spaghetti
- Sophie Blackall at not your mother’s bookclub
- Erik Brooks at Bildungsroman
- Brian Lies at Greetings from Nowhere
Wednesday, October 24
- Elisa Kleven at Rozzie Land
- Consie Powell at Becky’s Book Reviews
- Jimmy Pickering at Shaken & Stirred
- Frank Dormer at What Adrienne Thinks About That
- Sheila Bailey at Lizjonesbooks
I’m not the only member of the kidlitosphere to be affected by the fires…Sondra of Kane/Miller Books had to evacuate. Here’s her post about it. I hope she and all the other Kane/Miller folks are staying safe and don’t suffer any damages in the fires.
UPDATE: The Kane/Miller newsletter hit my in-box today, with this note about how the staff is weathering the firestorm:
As most of you know, Kane/Miller’s main office is located within San
Diego County. Luckily, our office has not been affected by the fires
While the employees of K/M
have been lucky enough to all have homes still standing, the areas in
which we reside are filled with smoke and ash and
the schools which
our children attend have closed for the week as have most businesses to
help conserve resources.
As our books are housed in New York and we have the availability to connect through the internet remotely, we ARE processing orders
although there may be delays in responding to your emails and phone calls. We truly appreciate your patience during this time.