March 30, 2011 @ 7:34 pm | Filed under: Family
In brief, and in no particular order, because I am pressed for time but don’t want to forget what was happening in late March, 2011:
• Playing a lot of Munchkin and laughing our fool heads off. I will long savor that sweet, sweet moment when I demolished my dear daughters by whipping out a Doppelganger card I’d been secretly holding—and thereby destroying the Level 20 Dragon (+5 Intelligence) they teamed up to sic on me. Because nothing says “gentle motherhood” like wielding a Chainsaw of Bloody Dismemberment against the team effort of one’s children.
• Reading and rereading a batch of Elephant and Piggie books. But then you knew that already.
• Watching M*A*S*H. This one is Scott & the big girls. It’s what they do last thing in the evening while I’m in here finishing up my work time.
• Watching Firefly—one of my top five all-time favorite shows. It’s Jane’s first time; Scott and I are treating ourselves to a few episodes a week with Jane after the other kids are in bed. This is a VERY good way to end the day.
• Thinking about getting ready for Wondercon, but not actually managing much of the actual GETTING READY. Which is unfortunate, since Scott and I leave Friday morning. My parents arrive tomorrow—they are staying here with the kids while we head up to San Fran—and maybe THEN I’ll move past the thinking stage. Maybe.