In brief, and in no particular order, because I am pressed for time but don’t want to forget what was happening in late March, 2011:
• Playing a lot of Munchkin and laughing our fool heads off. I will long savor that sweet, sweet moment when I demolished my dear daughters by whipping out a Doppelganger card I’d been secretly holding—and thereby destroying the Level 20 Dragon (+5 Intelligence) they teamed up to sic on me. Because nothing says “gentle motherhood” like wielding a Chainsaw of Bloody Dismemberment against the team effort of one’s children.
• Reading and rereading a batch of Elephant and Piggie books. But then you knew that already.
• Watching M*A*S*H. This one is Scott & the big girls. It’s what they do last thing in the evening while I’m in here finishing up my work time.
• Watching Firefly—one of my top five all-time favorite shows. It’s Jane’s first time; Scott and I are treating ourselves to a few episodes a week with Jane after the other kids are in bed. This is a VERY good way to end the day.
• Thinking about getting ready for Wondercon, but not actually managing much of the actual GETTING READY. Which is unfortunate, since Scott and I leave Friday morning. My parents arrive tomorrow—they are staying here with the kids while we head up to San Fran—and maybe THEN I’ll move past the thinking stage. Maybe.
All in a blur
Doggone Digital Camera Batteries
The Grandpa Gifts