Dad to the Rescue

May 14, 2008 @ 8:15 pm | Filed under:

My father saw my anniversary post and set immediately to work scanning my wedding photos! Isn’t he a peach?

Here’s one:

Somebody seriously needed to talk to me about those bangs. But isn’t my dress gorgeous? It was my mother-in-law’s. She wore it in 1960, Scott’s sister wore it in 1986 (in that very same church!), and they were so kind and offered it to me in 1994. I loved it. But I loved that boy even more.

I Am Married to Black Coffee
  • I'm Not Just Doing This Because She Linked to Me This Morning
    I’m Not Just Doing This Because She Linked to Me This Morning
  • I Don't Generally Get Too Excited about Shoes
    I Don’t Generally Get Too Excited about Shoes
    All the Action Is Over There
    Also

Comments

1. patience says:

Me again! You both seem so pleased, in different ways – like you’re looking at specific people in the audience and saying, “look, look how clever I was!”

2. turtlemama says:

These pictures are priceless. Hope you and Scott had a special evening. Happy, happy anniversary!

Love Scott’s face on the “Fourteenth” post! What a rebel.

3. Jennifer says:

You are absolutely gorgeous. The bangs look beautiful and the dress is stunning. My grandparents share your anniversary. Congratulations!

4. Christine M says:

Hey anniversary twin! You look gorgeous. Radiant and so very very happy! I hope you had a wonderful day.

5. Maria says:

AWWWW this is SO sweet…LOVE the dress, and even the bangs..you two look so incredibly happy!

6. Erica says:

Happy, happy anniversary!! You DO look like kids! Beautiful picture and I hope it was a beautiful day.

7. Lisa says:

I was actually blessed enough to be in attendance that day and I have to say that the photos don’t even do you justice, my friend . . . georgeous as they are! Do you know Scott and Lissa’s first dance was to “Kiss the Girl” (I believe) from the little mermaid? And the top of the cake was adorned with superheros? A fabulous day, indeed. Congratulations to 2 of my favorite people in all this world!

8. Elena says:

You were a lovely bride Melissa! What wonderful pictures!