I Guess I Didn’t Need to Look Under the Seats

April 12, 2010 @ 7:43 pm | Filed under: ,

Rose: Well, what happened to it? You had it when you got into the van.

Beanie: I don’t know! I lost it!

Rose: I don’t understand how it could just disappear like that.

Beanie: I know. But it’s gone.

***

And what, pray tell, did Beanie lose so mysteriously, causing her sister so much consternation?

Her accent. Apparently they were playing a game, and Beanie was supposed to be English. I sure do wish I’d heard it before the pesky thing went missing.

That IS a Ploblem
    Now If Only She Were that Good at Keeping Track of the Library Books
    A most useful tome
    Out of the Mouths of Ten-Year-Olds
  • OK, So the "Cold" Part No Longer Applies (Here in San Diego), But I AM Still Nursing a Baby, So Hush
    OK, So the “Cold” Part No Longer Applies (Here in San Diego), But I AM Still Nursing a Baby, So Hush

Comments

lol!

Penny in VT says:

I’m sure it will visit again, perhaps around teatime?

Joann says:

Carolynne says to tell Beanie that an easy way to perfect accents (at Shakespeare Camp she learned she has a knack for this) is to recite prayers in the accent of choice. It’s hard because one prays and counts in one’s native tongue, so learning prayers in an accent requires concentration. And, she says, it really works. After you’ve got the Our Father down in your new accent, you can hardly speak in your normal (or previously accented) voice. Caro has a repertoire of about 15 on-demand accents. She’s even more popular than I for read-alouds that need many voices. She DOES the voices.

Karen Edmisten says:

They’re sneaky things, those accents, always trotting off for a new adventure.

Jessica says:

An accent! That is adorable! I hope you hear it when it inevitably returns one day.

Marie says:

Ha ha! That makes me smile!

Kathryn says:

She can have mine 😉

Kathryn, LOL—remember when I posted something on CCM long ago about how we loved the Nesbit books for read-alouds because of all the great accents, and you were like, “What accents??” 🙂